Hop City 2021 // The Resurrection // Safety Measures
Hop City this year takes place under exceptional circumstances. The safety of everyone involved is paramount and has defined our plans for the festival this year in particular, reaffirming our decision to hold Hop City at outdoors at our main brewing site. It’s an opportunity for attendees to see the beating heart of Northern Monk’s operations and enjoy some of the best IPA’s we can get our hands on, safely.
With just 3 weeks to go until Hop City 2021, we’d like to highlight some of the safety measures & policies in effect throughout the weekend.
- All sessions are running at limited capacity to encourage social distancing.
- Proof of a negative COVID test <48 hrs before arrival will be essential, even if guests are fully vaccinated. You will be contacted directly via email with further details on this before the festival.
- We encourage wearing a mask when queueing for and ordering beers to ensure the safety of brewers, staff and volunteers. There will be plenty of space to sit or stand and enjoy beers once you have been served.
- Masks and other appropriate PPE will be provided to those working the festival.
- Guests will be served beers in disposable cups to avoid cross-contamination of glassware. They are welcome to decant beers into their official Hop City glass once they have been served.
- All staff, guest brewers and volunteers will be given lateral flow tests to complete before their shift on site each day, allowing us to minimise any possible infection over the weekend.
- We’ve doubled our team of experienced security staff who are fully briefed on all safety measures and reserve the right to ask people to leave if they are acting in a way that compromises the safety of others.
We would also like to remind all attendees of our Everyone Welcome initiative which plays out across all our sites, and highlight the steps we are taking to maintain the safety of staff, brewers, volunteers and attendees.
Our Everyone Welcome initiative will be included in the programme and accessible at different points throughout the festival as a reminder of our zero-tolerance approach to discrimination and that everyone is welcome at our table.
At least one team member from all attending guest breweries will be asked to complete training on the topic of sexual harassment prior to arrival on site. All Northern Monk staff will be required to do the same.
We’re looking forward to, finally, raising a taster glass of something super hazy with you in a few short weeks!