Reports to: Canning Line Supervisor, Operations Manager
Salary: Real Living Wage (salaried role)
Working hours: 37.5 hours across 5 days Monday – Saturday
Northern Monk is at an exciting time of growth. We are brewing and delivering more beer than ever! We are dedicated to supplying our customers with the best possible beer that we can. In order to do this, we are looking for someone to join our Packaging team. The Packaging Operative role is varied and includes supporting all aspects of packaging at Northern Monk. This role requires an employee who is committed to supporting our mission to create the best beer experiences in the world. The Packaging team are a highly motivated team and integral to operations at Northern Monk.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer, knows the importance of attention to detail, is well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk, especially the Production and Warehouse teams.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. Our Operations Team are at the core of our business and as a result we put their faces on the finished product so everyone knows who made the beer – you could be on there too!
We’re committed to improving the diversity of our Operations Team, so if you don’t have the relevant experience but are part of a group that is underrepresented in the beer industry, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace.
In return, you will be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to 29 days holiday, you will have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme.
We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following outlines the roles and responsibilities of the post holder:
- Filling cask and keg to the standard operating procedure and in line with the regulatory requirements.
- Packing on a canning line, ensuring the boxes are carefully and timely packed correctly and with excellence.
- Operating the labelling machine.
- Safe and orderly palletising of filled boxes.
- Ensuring the canning line is kept clean and is cleaned thoroughly at the end of each run.
- Assisting the Warehouse Team in putting orders on to pallets in a safe and tidy manner ready for collections.
- Helping the Production and Warehouse teams maintain a clean and safe working environment.
IDENTIFYING TRENDS AND OPPORTUNITIES:
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on products and packaging.
- Seek out educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organisations.
- Feed relevant information back.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
- Represent Northern Monk at trade exhibitions, events and tastings (sometimes during evenings and weekends) where possible.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork.
- Provide consistent and accurate updates to line manager regarding all areas of work.
- Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required.
- Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
- This list is not exhaustive but an indication of the roles and responsibilities of the Packaging Operative.
Code of Conduct; Northern Monk expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures and code of conduct. Specifically:
– Working on multiple work streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
– Demonstrating the company ethos of community, collaboration and creativity through your professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm
– Protecting and promoting the organisation’s values and keeping critical information confidential;
– Being a team player and contributing to the Monk values and ethos.
In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and grow alongside the brewery and ensuring all staff play a role in developing and delivering our vision and plans.