KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - SOUTH / LONDON
Reports to: Head of Sales
Hours: 37.5hrs, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a senior sales professional to help manage key customer relationships across the on trade including wholesale, independent free trade and regional/national multiple operators. The Key Account Manager will spend 50% of their time targeting and winning new business and 50% of their time managing key wholesale relationships. The role is focused around our drive into the London market and ultimately, the KAM will be accountable for delivering the total channel revenue budget.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. We also need you to share our passion in providing the world’s best beer experiences for our customers, not only when drinking Northern Monk beer but also when meeting and buying beer from our world class Sales Team.
The role requires you to support our Head of Sales in a growing sales team by managing and winning strategic customers. As we continue to grow, this role will develop into a national sales role for the right candidate and therefore candidates need to demonstrate an ability to operate at this level by delivering channel revenue targets.
We believe we have a strong internal culture and the successful candidate will live out our values of community and collaboration. In addition to demonstrating strong sales skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. In return, you’ll be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to 29 days holiday, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme. As mentioned above, we offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world. Northern Monk is committed to providing a world class working environment and we are proud to say that our employees agree!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following outlines the roles and responsibilities of the post holder:
• Head up our drive into the London market and set the strategy for the region.
• To directly manage key wholesale accounts and drive the Northern Monk agenda via a strong and well executed RTM engagement plan.
• Win new business in key on trade outlets to help drive ROS and awareness across the Northern Monk portfolio of beers.
• Manage customer relationships to drive ROS/permanent taps via best in class customer support, training, engagement and events.
• Responsibility for wholesale channel with support from Head of Sales to deliver annual budget and drive growth agenda.
• At all times be the face of Northern Monk in your region as a true Ambassador for the company and brand.
• To take a proactive approach in helping share best practice across the Northern Monk sales team.
• To maintain a high level of professionalism in all correspondence and communication relating to our wholesale/key account customers and Northern Monk.
• Help with monthly specials stock allocation/rotation to ensure we maximise sales across your channels commercially and efficiently.
• Be comfortable representing the values and ethos of the company at all times.
• Work with sales support to ensure the tasks of order processing, delivery notes and invoicing are all achieved timely and efficiently across your customer base.
• Be motivated, organised and encourage teamwork.
• Must be passionate about brand and achieving something incredible.
• React quickly and positively to changing priorities.
• Provide consistent and accurate updates sales team regarding all areas of work.
• Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required.
• Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
• Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen
• Ability to operate and negotiate at key account level
• Good understanding of the on-trade market/landscape in London
• Ideally have a solid network across the trade within craft beer including wholesale, key accounts and bottle shops
• Strong communicator across written and verbal
• Highly organised
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Code of Conduct: Northern Monk expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures and code of conduct. Specifically:
– Working on multiple work streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
– Demonstrating the company ethos and approach to partners and contacts through your professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm
– Protecting and promoting the organisation’s values by keeping critical information confidential
– Being a team player and contributing to the Monk values and ethos.
In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and grow alongside the brewery and ensuring all staff play a role in developing and delivering our vision and plans.