Location: North, predominantly at HQ in Leeds
Hours: 37.5hrs, Flexible working policy
Salary: Dependent on experience
Northern Monk is one of the fastest growing businesses in Yorkshire and has been listed as one of the top 10 food and drinks companies to work for in the UK. We have a market leading social presence with one of the biggest and most engaged followings in the beer industry.
We are looking for a Comms Manager to bring our story and values to life for an even broader audience, growing our community and engaging with our followers. The Community Manager will work closely with the Brand team to present our “why” to the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for aligning company communications across social media, internal channels and PR outreach. You will be the first point of contact for online fans and followers, thus developing a strong relationship and understanding of our online community.
We believe we have a strong internal culture, and the successful candidate will live out our values of community and collaboration. In addition to demonstrating strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment.
We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world. Northern Monk is committed to providing a world class working environment and we are proud to say that our employees agree!
- Develop a content plan.
- Lead on engaging content for all social platforms, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos.
- Engage with online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Analyse web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives.
- Liaise with other departments to stay updated on new marketing initiatives, product and service developments, and to ensure brand consistency.
- Attend networking events or relevant industry workshops.
- Liaise with external agencies or journalists to ensure accurate brand representation.
- Copywriting for all aspects of brand – including back of pack and The Scribe
- Management of product and promotional photography
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube is essential.
- An A1 track record in social growth and engagement.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- At least three years’ experience managing social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing trends, techniques, and a willingness to continue to learn.
- Superb time management skills.
- Be motivated, organised and encourage teamwork.
- Must be passionate about brand and achieving something incredible.
- React quickly and positively to changing priorities.
- Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays). Increasing 1 day for each year of service for the first 5 years.
- A pension with The Peoples Pension
- Two days a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Birthday and anniversary treats
- Free fruit at work
- Generous discount on beer and merch
- Annual health check (after 1 year of service)
- Cycle2work scheme (after 1 year of service)
Please apply below and attach your covering letter.