Bar Staff - Refectory MCR
Reports to: General Manager
Hours: 1x 20 per week, 1x 30 per week (including weekends)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Positions available: 2
We are looking for someone who has excellent customer service, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. We also need you to share our passion in providing the best beer experiences for our customers, from welcoming them to the building to the cleanliness of the venue.
We believe we have a strong internal culture, and the successful candidate will live out our values of community, collaboration and creativity. A good understanding of the hospitality industry, particularly in Manchester, would be a bonus!
In return, you’ll be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to this, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme.
We also offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world. Northern Monk is committed to providing a world class working environment and we are proud to say that our employees agree!
- Serve customers from the bar and implement table service when required
- Greet customers and create a welcoming atmosphere
- Use a till to take orders and payments
- Assist with other areas of the Refectory as required
- Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness across the site
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment, and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required
- Have a keen interest in craft beer and enthusiasm for the industry
- Experience of working in customer service and the drive to go above and beyond for every customer that visits the Refectory
- A good understanding of the company mission with an ability to uphold company values of community, collaboration and creativity.
- Comfortable working evening and weekends
WHY JOIN US:
- 29 days holiday (increasing 1 day for each year of service for the first 5 years)
- A pension with The Peoples Pension
- Two days a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Birthday and anniversary treats
- Free fruit at work
- Generous discount on beer and merchandise
- £10.00 bottle shop credit each month
- Annual Health Check (after 1 year of service)
- Cycle2Work scheme (after 1 year of service)
- The opportunity to progress professionally with access to both internal and external training
- The chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world