NORTHERN ACCOUNT MANAGER
Reports to: Head of Sales
Location: The North
Hours: 37.5hrs, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic sales professional to help manage and grow our business across the North. The Northern Account Manager will spend time targeting and winning new business through our direct and indirect wholesale channels to grow our volume and distribution across the region. This person will need be comfortable winning new business and operating as a brand ambassador when in the trade including key events, trade shows, etc.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. We also need you to share our passion in providing the world’s best beer experiences for our customers, not only when drinking Northern Monk beer but also when meeting and buying beer from our world class Sales Team.
The role requires you to support our Head of Sales in growing our on-trade presence by managing and winning new customers. As we continue to grow, this role will also offer progression for the right candidate and therefore applicants need to show that they are interested in, and able, to grow with us.
We believe we have a strong internal culture and the successful candidate will live out our values of community and collaboration. In addition to demonstrating strong sales skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
In return, you’ll be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to 29 days holiday, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme.
As mentioned above, we offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world. Northern Monk is committed to providing a world class working environment and we are proud to say that our employees agree!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following outlines the roles and responsibilities of the post holder:
• Generate new business in key on trade outlets to help drive ROS and awareness across the Northern Monk portfolio of beers.
• Network, engage and interact with RTM Sales Teams to ensure Northern Monk is at the front of UK craft conversations with all customers in the region.
• Spend time developing RTM sales team relationships to drive business through this channel.
• Manage key customer relationships with excellence to drive ROS/permanent taps via best in class customer support, training, engagement and events.
• At all times be the face of Northern Monk in your region as a true Ambassador for the company and brand.
• Identify and target the best accounts for Northern Monk to partner with.
• Take a proactive approach in sharing best practice across the Northern Monk Sales Team.
• To maintain a high level of professionalism in all correspondence and communication relating to our wholesale/key account customers and Northern Monk.
• Help with monthly specials stock allocation/rotation to ensure we maximise sales across your region.
• Be comfortable representing the values and ethos of the company at all times..
• Work with Sales Support to ensure the tasks of order processing, delivery notes and invoicing are all achieved timely and efficiently across your customer base.
• Be motivated, organised and encourage teamwork.
• Must be passionate about brand and achieving something incredible.
• React quickly and positively to changing priorities.
• Provide consistent and accurate sales updates regarding all areas of work.
• Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required.
• Contribute to the needs of team by completing other tasks as needed
• People person with the ability to influence and win business
• Strong work ethic and a positive attitude to succeed in role
• Good understanding of the on-trade beer market/landscape in the north
• Ideally have a solid network across the trade within craft beer including wholesale, key accounts and bottle shops in the north
• Strong communicator across written and verbal
• Highly organised with good commercial awareness
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment