COMMERCIAL FINANCE CO-ORDINATOR
Reports to: Finance Director
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000
Northern Monk has grown in revenue over 350% in the last 3 years, now operating across 3 sites with over 70 Monks; however, one thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to delivering the best beer experiences for our teams, customers and consumers.
To support our continued growth and commitment to grow in stature as we grow in scale, we are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to work with the commercial teams to ensure we bring them the required management reporting and insights, oversee commercial finance processes such as payroll & ledger postings, whilst working closely with our customers to ensure the best possible purchasing experience. The Commercial teams include the Sales Team, our Online Store, our Bars & office support functions (ex. People).
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail, be well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk.
In return, you’ll be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to 29 days holiday, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme.
We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owner of Commercial Management Reporting including assessing where information/visibility gaps exist, building reports and maintaining reports/results for presentation as required
- Owner of the financial cycle for all Commercial areas: LDS & MCR Refectory, Chapter Hall, Events (ex. Hop City) & Online Store. This includes:
- Weekly reports & reconciliations, including Bank/Charges allocations
- Order sheets & Invoice posting
- Analysis of results and drawing insights to feedback to the teams
- Responsible for working closely with our trade customers to ensure we provide the best experience throughout the customer order cycle; including:
- Customer payment postings & reconciliations
- Customer remittances
- Monitoring of inboxes & responding to customer queries
- Responsible for Commercial Payroll cycle, including: the preparation, validation and processing of payroll
- Responsible for ensuring Credit Control including maintaining accurate data and bringing visibility and insight
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of Off Trade invoices to individual EDI submission platforms
- Accountability to ensure Orchestrated Beer is maintained and fully accurate for Sales data
- Support Sales team with admin tasks as required, including but not limited to:
- Setting up new partners on the system
- Sending invoices/sales order requests
- Setting up sales splits amongst commercial areas on the system at start of the month
- Office admin tasks as required, for example:
- Ad-hoc cash postings
- Stationery and office supplies
IDENTIFYING TRENDS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Seek out educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organisations
- Research improvements in finance reporting/process legal requirements, ERP systems, customer management, etc and keep up to date on relevant changes to legislation.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings when required and share best practice with colleagues;
- Highly organized and structured way of working
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve personal and brewery way of working
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork
- Provide consistent and accurate updates to line manager regarding all areas of work
- Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required
- Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed.
Code of Conduct: Northern Monk expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures and code of conduct. Specifically:
– Working on multiple work streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
– Demonstrating the company ethos and approach to partners and contacts through your professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm
– Protecting and promoting the organisation’s values by keeping critical information confidential;
– Being a team player and contributing to the Monk values and ethos.
In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and grow alongside the brewery and ensuring all staff play a role in developing and delivering our vision and plans.