WAREHOUSE GOODS-IN OPERATIVE
Reports to: Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager
Salary: Real Living Wage
Working hours: 37.5 hours across 5 days Monday – Saturday.
Northern Monk is one of the fastest growing and highly regarded breweries in the UK, regularly topping “UK’s best brewery awards”. In 2020, on the back of our results from an employee survey we were listed as one of the Top 100 Small Companies to Work for in the UK, and Top 75 Companies to Work for in Yorkshire! Born in the North, our mission is to create the best beer experiences in the world, growing in stature as we grow in sales.
Northern Monk is at an exciting time of growth. We are brewing and delivering more beer than ever! We are dedicated to supplying our customers with the best possible beer that we can. Northern Monk is looking for someone to join the team as a Goods-In Warehouse Operative. We are looking for a hard-working, highly organised and enthusiastic individual with a passion for delivering a quality service in all aspects of their work. This role is a combination of receiving and logging all goods-in, assisting in the warehouse, building pallets, preparing and delivering beer and helping move goods between our sites in Leeds. The role will be varied depending on business needs but will be primarily focused on the goods in aspect.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer, knows the importance of attention to detail, well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk, especially the Production and Packaging teams.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. Our Operations Team are at the core of our business and as a result we put their faces on the finished product so everyone knows who made the beer – you could be on there too!
We’re committed to improving the diversity of our Operations Team, so if you don’t have the relevant experience but are part of a group that is underrepresented in the beer industry, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive workplace.
In return, you will be part of a team of people working together to achieve the same goal. In addition to 29 days holiday, you’ll have two days a year to volunteer with a local charity, a pension with the People’s pension, birthday and anniversary treats, free fruit at work and plenty of beer. Once you’ve been with us a year, you’ll qualify for an annual health check and the Cycle2Work scheme. We offer the opportunity to progress professionally with access to internal and external training and the chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world.
- Experience in warehousing and/or delivery driving
- Experience in using a Stock Control IT system
- Full Clean driving licence
- Forklift truck experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list outlines the major roles required.
- Receive all goods into Warehouse
- Log all goods movements on ERP/Stock Management software
- Support Production Co-Ordinator in stock management
- Work as part of the Warehouse team on the following tasks;
- Moving goods between sites
- Building finished goods pallets to order
- Loading and unloading pallets
- Stock counting
- Dray runs
- General housekeeping tasks
- Work to the highest standards of health and safety in all aspects of work including and not limited to – driving, handling heavy goods, moving goods in and out of facilities and company vehicle checks
- Keep vehicles, warehouse and packaging facilities tidy organised at all times
- Liaise with the Sales to ensure national and international pallets are booked in to be collected throughout the month
- Build pallets for collection to the correct standard, ensuring orders are fulfilled correctly
- Manage a large volume of stock, ensuring stock is kept in an orderly fashion with clear and accurate record keeping
- Be flexible in adapting to the changing needs of the business
- Excel in time management, looking to support other areas of the business during quiet periods
- Maintain regular communication with Sales to ensure orders are fulfilled correctly and on time
- Represent Northern Monk with excellence whilst at work
SUPPLIER CONTACT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Establish and maintain good customer relations with customers
- Provide excellent customer service through all forms of communication
- Attend and contribute to team meetings when required and share best practice with colleagues
- Represent the company at external events
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork
- Provide consistent and accurate updates to line manager regarding all aspects of work
- Possess a positive attitude to a busy work environment and a willingness to work long or flexible hours when required
- Contribute to team effort by completing other tasks as needed
This list is not exhaustive but an indication of the roles and responsibilities of the Driver and Warehouse Operative.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Northern Monk expects all its members of staff to adhere to standards of processes, procedures and code of conduct. Specifically;
- Working on multiple streams to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrating the company ethos and approach to partners and contacts through professionalism, knowledge and enthusiasm
- Protecting and promoting the organisation’s values by keeping critical information confidential
- Being a team player and contributing to the Monk values and ethos
In return, we are committed to respecting and valuing all staff, supporting employees in achieving a good work/life balance, giving staff the space to learn and the opportunity to grow as the company grows and ensuring all staff play a role in developing our vision and plans.