Reports to: Shift Lead Brewer
Hours: 37.5 per week, over 4 shifts.
Shift Pattern: 4 Shifts per week, Monday to Sunday working.
Salary Band: £21,000 – £24,000 per annum
Northern Monk is focussed on delivering the highest level of quality and consistency across the entire business. This crucially starts within production of our beer and is a vital element to us achieving our goal – to create the best beer experiences in the world, growing in stature as we grow in scale. To be successful in this role you must show a passion and commitment to quality.
This role sits alongside our Brewers and under a Shift Lead Brewer at our production facility. In this role, you will have an opportunity to shape the experience for the beer drinker, we value thoughtfulness and creativity, and we hope to find someone who is interested in being part of the team at the forefront of our mission. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beer, knows the importance of attention to detail, well-organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are also important, as you will be working closely with all other teams at Northern Monk, especially the packaging and warehouse teams.
We’re extremely proud of our craft and will be looking for applicants that share our enthusiasm and drive for quality. Our Operations Team are at the core of our business and as a result we put their faces on the finished product so everyone knows who made the beer – you could be on there too!
We’re committed to improving the diversity of our Production Team, so if you don’t have the relevant experience but are part of a group that is underrepresented in the beer industry, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and we’d love to hear from candidates who want to be part of that.
- Production of wort
- Cellar tasks including dry-hopping, centrifuging, transfers, tank cleans etc
- Assist the Brew team on achieving production targets including Quality scores, Achievement vs Plan and Monthly Audits
- Assist the Brew team in delivering on our Quality Program
- Maintain a high standard of data logging and record keeping
- Working to a brewery schedule to ensure that the beer can be released in line with the business needs
- Ensure the cleanliness, efficiency and functionality of brewery equipment
- Maintain high standards of health and safety
- Ensure to work in way which minimises wastage and excess cost without compromising product quality
- Provide a superior customer service at all times in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- 1 years brewing experience or experience in a similar production environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Comfortable with shift work including evenings and weekends
We welcome applicants who are IBD certified, however this is not essential and we encourage those who do not have this to apply also.
WHY JOIN US:
- 29 days holiday (increasing 1 day for each year of service for the first 5 years)
- A pension with The Peoples Pension
- Two days a year to volunteer with a local charity
- Birthday and anniversary treats
- Free fruit at work
- Generous discount on beer and merchandise
- £10.00 bottle shop credit each month
- Annual Health Check (after 1 year of service)
- Cycle2Work scheme (after 1 year of service)
- The opportunity to progress professionally with access to both internal and external training
- The chance to attend some of the best beer events across the world
Unfortunately, this role does not meet the requirements for a Skilled Worker Visa.